Saturday, August 8, 2015

Quilts for small pets in shelters

I received a request for kennel quilts from Petfinder in California, they are taking care of animals that have been displaced by fires.  So today I made 4 kennel quilts. I've been using orphan blocks, adding bits as needed, and for the backs use leftover flannel and fleece.  Fun!   There is more information at http://www.quiltpatternmagazine.com/program/KennelQuilt/index.html


2 comments:

LuAnn said...

What a nice thing you're doing for those pets. I used to crochet blankets for the cages at Pet Smart to be sent home with the adopted pets. I've kind of gotten away from that lately. You've given me an idea to make small quilts from some of my orphan blocks. It just breaks my heart to see those little cats laying on the floor of those cold metal cages in the winter. Thanks for the inspiration.

berylthepearl said...

I agree! And as a cat lover you know how they love quilted things!7